wittem road

Looking for Canvey people or places? Ask here.

Moderators: CanveyAdministrator, Dave Bullock

wittem road

Postby willsto » Thu Oct 06, 2011 2:16 pm

My Gt grandmother lived at Jasmine, Wittem Rd., about 1930 - 45. Her name was Minnie Wright b;minnie Jeffs in 1876 Married Arthur Edwin Wright 1905 & originaly from Islington London at marr;.
Trying to find her death & also did she live there with husband or had he pasted away at this time, did she own or rent Jasmine cottage, and anything about the old Wittem Rd.,I have a letter to my father in WW2 from the above address. I have a photo of an old wooden bungalow/cottage there
Thanks foe any help
willsto
New Contributor

Re: wittem road

Postby janp » Thu Oct 06, 2011 10:27 pm

Wittem Road still exists it is in the north of the Island. You can find it on google. There is a Mabel Wright living at 'Jasmin' in Wittem Road in the 1929 Electoral Registers. There are several other people by the name of Wright at that time but no Minnie.
I think Minnies death might be Mar Qtr 1949 Age at Death: 74 Registration district: Thurrock. Essex Volume: 4a Page: 966
At that time Canvey Island's death's came under Thurrock District. I cannot see any other obvious candidates for Arthur.
janp
Star Contributor
Star Contributor

Re: wittem road

Postby willsto » Fri Oct 07, 2011 7:40 am

Thanks jamp,
Is it possible to email me details of these records.
Mable Stokes nee Wright was Minnies daughter & she has dissapeared after the birth of my fathers sister in 1915 .They were brought up by Minnie & the father remarried in 1935 where he is down as a widower & changed his first names from Thomas Willian to William Thomas on marr;cert.
will.sto@hotmail.co.uk
willsto
New Contributor

Return to Looking for People & Places